Why You Should Be Eating Vaped Weed
Why You Should Be Eating Vaped Weed
After vaping your weed, you might think that you've gotten all the use out of it that you can.
The truth is, if you're throwing away your already-vaped weed, you might as well be throwing away money. Already-vaped weed can, and should, be reused.
Eating vaped weed is the best way to get the most for your money and the most out of your stash.
If the idea of eating vaped weed is new to you, read on for our tips and tricks on how to do it, so you can get high and enjoy your stash in tasty new ways.
1. Sprinkle It On
Since vaporizing weed decarboxylates it, already-vaped weed doesn't need to be cooked anymore for you to be able to enjoy it. You can start eating vaped weed as is.
Thinking about it as a garnish for any of your favorite meals will give you lots of good ideas on how to add already-vaped weed to your diet.
Sprinkle it on a smoothie or in a sandwich. Add it to a salad or as an unexpected topping for popcorn.
When eating vaped weed in this direct way you might find that there's a slightly burnt taste or a texture that you don't like, but if you're not bothered by that, then you can sprinkle it directly on to any food you can imagine.
2. Water Cure Before Eating Vaped Weed
If you can't stomach the smell or taste of already-vaped weed as it is, water curing is a good way to improve both. Water curing will make the already-vaped weed better for using in edibles later on, while still preserving its potency.
We've outlined our preferred method below, but there are others that work just as well. The most important thing you'll need to keep in mind before water curing your weed is that the process takes time, so make sure you plan ahead.
Water Curing Weed
What You'll Need:
- Already-vaporized weed, at least one ounce or as much as you have
- A large cheesecloth
- A bowl at least four times the size of the amount of weed you're using
- A baking sheet
- A large plate
- Divide your weed into four even piles, and then cut your cheesecloth into four large squares.
- Place one pile of weed into each section of cheesecloth and tie up the ends to form a bundle.
- Put the bundles into the bowl and cover them with room temperature water. If you need to, use the plate to keep them from floating. This can also be done in a slow-cooker with the lid on.
- Let the bundles sit in the water for at least two hours, until the water is brown and murky.
- Dump out the dirty water and replace with fresh water. Do this every couple of hours for the first day, and twice a day for up to a week.
- When you've let your weed sit in the water for as long as you want, remove the cheesecloth bundles and let the extra water drain.
- Pour all your water cured weed onto a baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
- Bake at 200 degrees, stirring occasionally, until the weed is completely dried out. Leave the door of your oven slightly open, and begin checking for doneness after about two hours.
Water curing is a time commitment, but it can go a long way in making the taste of your already-vaporized weed more mild and better to cook with.
3. Infuse Your Favorite Fats
Infusing fats like oil and butter with already-vaped weed is an easy way to make eating vaped weed a part of your everyday routine.
Butter is a great pairing for already-vaped weed because of its high-fat content. The resulting product is also versatile and can be used in baked good, savory cooking, or on its own with bread or crackers.
Different oils, like coconut oil or olive oil or even bacon fat can also be infused with already-vaped weed. Your infused oil can be used for a stir-fry, for cooking vegetables, or even for baking.
Keep in mind that you'll want to store any infused fats in the fridge, and use them within two months.
4. Get Cannamilk
There's no better way to excite your morning coffee or to make a dessert milkshake even better than by using cannamilk.
Just like infused fats can be used in place of regular fats in any recipe, cannamilk can be used just like regular milk.
When making cannamilk, you'll want to use a full-fat milk--this is not the time to save on calories by going skim.
The best way to make cannamilk is by setting a heat-proof bowl of your full-fat milk and weed over a pot filled part way with boiling water. Make sure the bottom of your bowl is not actually touching the water.
Let the mixture steep on top of the pot for anywhere from 30 minutes - 3 hours, checking your heat occasionally to make sure that the water has not boiled too high.
For some extra fat, you could add some heavy whipping cream to the milk and weed mixture as well.
Your cannamilk will spoil after a while just like regular milk will, but if you want to extend its life, you can freeze into ice cube trays and use for weeks to come.
Have Fun Eating Vaped Weed
Once you have some basic ingredients made, the ways you can go about eating vaped weed are endless.
From brownies and baked good to buttered toast or oil-roasted vegetables, your diet can expand in a lot of ways to include already-vaped weed.
As legalizing cannabis grows in popularity and spreads through the country, we hope that many of you will have the opportunity to cook and eat already-vaped weed soon.
It's a great way to extend your stash and get your money's worth every time you buy weed.
Have other ideas on what to do with already-vaped weed? Share them with us in the comments section below. And if you have any questions about our products or services, please contact us today.
Tags: CBD Products